HOME ART

domingo, 29 de marzo de 2015

A family portrait: A STEEP MOUNTAIN!

The Santanas
Another piece that could mean almost makes me a journal or diary for herself is the family portrait. A work that required me to focus all my strength. It was certainly the most arduous by the fact that it was not one or two but four faces and half of their bodies. And customer requirements increased by gravity to accept the amount payable.


Never paint with total certainty of what I do. Never accept a job knowing as we conclude. Everything is an experiment. Nothing is mechanical. Always a close relationship between tools, pigments and me. Arises with the passage of time an understanding of the ways. I like to take my time with the works because only then can achieve a waltz between the outcome and me.


The faces usually start as a biological and temporary setback. Start with elderly traits and end in perpetual time. For the artist is difficult to show the work in the creative process customer because this not cover an advance that will shape the paint. The customer would have to put blind faith in the craftsman. However this is a rare case. You could say that the case in which Miguelangello was besieged by the Catholic Pope in an effort to see the murals of the Sistine Chapel finished occurs. But miguelangello knew how to get rid of the Pontiff.


But if the artist already has a line of work behind him with which customers can satisfy their doubts and pin their hopes on a job well done. The artist's life will be simpler.




The oil never fails to be a good ally in works of this kind. I said before the flexibility to work and beauty. But I must reveal it in this work when it begins to emerge in me a degree of dissatisfaction. I depend more than they believe the client and their reactions; joy or disappointment. I know it's one that precedes another stage. A change that soon forced me to get rid of my repertoire and reinvent.




"Never accept a work with a preconceived idea. Best allowed to come by degrees or levels through the work grows. Allows you're not just you who participate between strokes and caresses the pigment, but is born an idyllic dialogue between you and the canvas ".

Have painted these four siblings, The Santanas, was a remarkable experience. I do not stop being a surprise as all the others. Each painting brought her fears. It was like a steep mountain or a hill that had to climb. Terrified but motivated to discover that there was at its height.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario